Sunday 22 December 2013

Winchester at Christmas!!

Hello my Lovelies,

Last weekend my sister and I surprised my mum by taking her to Winchester for the day, if you don't know where Winchester is it's a city on the South Coast about 15 minutes by train to Southampton and 1 hour to London. Winchester is a beautiful city whatever month you visit- I went in the summer too but Christmas time is the best time of year as the Christmas markets by the cathedral and high street are all open and they have beautiful fairy lights every where.
We started by going up and down the high street stopping to look at the stalls and listening to carols by the Christmas tree.
 



We then stopped for some food and mulled cider at a lovely pub called The Bishop On The Bridge before making our way to the Cathedral. 
 

The Cathedral and Winchester are so magical and really makes you feel festive and gets you in the mood for Christmas. My favourite stall was one that sold lots of shabby chic and cute Christmas bits and bobs!
 
 
 
 

It was such a lovely day out, so relaxing getting to walk around leisurely checking out all that Winchester has to offer.

Have you ever been to Winchester? What was your favourite part, let me know in the comments! Have you done anything special to get in the Christmassy mood?

Till next time,
                   Tori. x

1 comment :

  1. I've never been to Winchester before but it looks and sounds like a lovely place. The cathedral looks awesome and everything's so festive :)

    Olivia Beauty from the Fjord xxx

    ReplyDelete

I always read your messages and reply to everyone!
You can also tweet me steaders83