Saturday 9 August 2014

The Spitfire Pub, Southampton Review

Hello My Lovelies,

Today's post is all about a pub I visited this week called the Spitfire in Southampton. I was invited along (with a guest) to have a 3 course meal and drink I couldn't wait to pop along as who doesn't love a good pub meal?!

The pub opened this summer and is situated in a really vibrant area of Southampton (Above Bar Street), a five minute walk to all the shops-so perfect to drop in for food after a long day! 


The Spitfire is part of the Sizzling pub chain and is a family friendly pub that serves a wide range of food all reasonably priced! Not only that but it also includes Sky Sports and BT Sports so a great venue to come and watch the new football season with a pint or even a cocktail!
The menu is huge and consists of favourites fish & chips, ham & egg, sandwiches and wraps, jacket potatoes or fajitas and chilli chicken skewers- there's something for all the family here.



Now for the food! We chose for starters prawn cocktail and the tomato and basil soup-both came with bread. They were both absolutely delicious and huge to the point I had to stop or I wouldn't be able to eat my main meal!



We then tucked into our mains...
I had the gammontastic-14oz of gammon, chips, mushroom, tomato, peas and onion rings-I could of had eggs but as I'm not a fan I decided against them and a nice cold pepsi.


My Mum decided to have the simply chicken meal with coleslaw and chips with an apple and raspberry J20. 


Again both meals were huge (mine in particular) so when you visit make sure you arrive super hungry!!
I loved my gammon, I still can't quite believe how much there was of it, though I didn't enjoy the peas all that much. My Mum loved her chicken (again lots of it!) but the coleslaw wasn't much to be desired.
Both were excellent value for money!!

Finally after a good 15 minute breather to let all the food go down we chose our desserts. I went for the Belgian Chocolate Brownie as this is my favourite dessert and my Mum had the Honeycomb Explosion Sundae. My Belgian Chocolate Brownie was served beautifully, the combination of the brownie and ice-cream was a delight.



I visited the pub at lunch with my mum there was plenty of staff, really clean and the condiment units were well stocked.
When I visit the toilets I always hope they're going to be clean with plenty of toilet paper and the Spitfire didn't let me down-they smelt great and for such a busy time of the day they looked good too!


This was my first visit to the Spitfire but it certainly won't be my last! To find your nearest sizzling pub or to view the menu then visit www.sizzlingpubs.co.uk

Have you visited the Spitfire or are you going to soon-let me know in the comments!

Till next time,
                      Tori.
                            x


*I was kindly invited to the Spitfire for a complimentary meal, how ever as always all views and thoughts are entirely my own.








No comments :

Post a Comment

I always read your messages and reply to everyone!
You can also tweet me steaders83