Sunday 9 November 2014

London Poppies Visit.

Hello My Lovelies,

Last Saturday my mum, sister and I went on a whirl wind day trip to London to primarily see the Poppies at the Tower of London but we also fitted in a bit of shopping and some food!

I was actually unaware that the Poppies had been at the Tower of London moat since the summer and so it was actually a bit of a last minute trip and of course we had to go the weekend the underground was shut at Tower gate so there was lots of walking to get to see them, but it was absolutely worth it!


It was such a moving experience even though it was extremely busy, to think that by the time you read this there will be 888,246 ceramic Poppies commemorating a British military fatality during the war.




We walked around as much of the tower as possible but some areas they had stopped the public going into as it was just so very busy. I'm really disappointed that I didn't realise also that they were selling the Poppies at the end of the installation and that I missed out on ordering one. 
We then decided to go and have some lunch and we chose to go to Bills Restaurant, I had a lovely burger and fries and my mum and sister had salads. After a bit of a relaxing we jumped back on the underground and went along to Liberty where I picked up my first Liberty Christmas decoration, a wonderful sparkly little bauble!
 

And then it was time to get back on the train and head home!

It was a fab but very long day...Have you seen the Poppies, let me know in the comments.

Till next time,
                   Tori.        
                         X

8 comments :

  1. They're so beautiful, I wish I had the chance to see them unfortunately I won't be in London until January ): Lovely pictures!

    Sophie Leigh x |sophhskii.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sophie
      They really were stunning and I'm so pleased that I got to see them!
      Thanks for leaving a comment.
      Tori.x

      Delete
  2. The poppies are really striking in the photo but I bet they looked incredible in real life! X

    http://creamteaandrosejam.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gemma
      The Poppies were amazing, even if it was a bit busy I'm glad I went up to see them.
      Thanks for leaving a comment.
      Tori.x

      Delete
  3. They look absolutely incredible and so humbling. I'm gutted I didn't get a chance to see them myself and also didn't realise they were selling them either! Your pictures look great :)

    Cantara x | Gymbags & Gladrags - a health & fitness blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gymbags Gladrags
      They were super beautiful but I think they will be touring some of them around the country so maybe you will still see them at some point!
      Thanks for leaving a comment.
      Tori.x

      Delete
  4. Wow the poppies look spectacular! As does your burger tbh ;) And I remember the Christmas decorations from when Liberty's was on TV last yer - they're so cute!
    thanks for leaving your link on twitter - followed you on bloglovin :)
    lily x
    www.jolihouse.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lily
      I loved the Liberty's programme last year, have you seen they are doing it again at the moment!
      Thank you so much for leaving a comment and following me via bloglovin!!
      Tori.x

      Delete

I always read your messages and reply to everyone!
You can also tweet me steaders83