Tuesday 28 July 2015

Solent Fort Review!

Hello My Lovelies

Last week my sister and I visited No Man's Fort after booking tickets a couple of months ago on Groupon, in the past we had held off visiting as the prices were a just a little too steep but this deal seemed too good to miss.
Living on the Isle of Wight we see the forts regularly from the beaches and had read lots of articles about how well renovated they were and so we were super excited for our visit.

We took the boat over to Gunwharf Quay and checked in and then grabbed ourselves a little bit of breakfast at Carluccio's, before long it was time to board the boat out to the fort. We stopped off first at Spitbank Fort and then continued on for another twenty minutes for our destination.


On arrival at No Man's Fort we were welcomed by staff and invited to have a glass of champagne, we then were able to walk around the fort. My sister and I headed straight away to the rooftop and were taken aback by the 360 degree views, with Portsmouth and the Isle of Wight just a stones throw away. We also took a wander up to the top of the lighthouse which again gave spectacular views across the Solent.


At 2:00pm we popped down stairs for lunch which was a cold buffet, lots of scrummy foods were on offer and bottled water to wash it down. Later in the afternoon tea and coffee were available with my favourite teabags from Teapigs!


For the last few hours we took a full walk around the Fort, the layout and decoration of the room were all superbly kitted out and made me want to come back for a over night stay ASAP. With the likes of Phillip Schofield loving the Forts and regularly staying its hard to no agree with him.








If you ever have the opportunity to visit either Spitbank or No Man's Fort then I would urge you to book.

Till next time,
                   Tori.
                        X

No comments :

Post a Comment

I always read your messages and reply to everyone!
You can also tweet me steaders83