Thursday 12 May 2016

24 hours in Canterbury!

Hello My Lovelies

My Birthday was last week and I decided that a trip to Canterbury my old university city was how I wanted to celebrate. Having not been back since 2009 I couldn't wait to see how much it had changed.

We had 24 hours in the city which doesn't seem like much, but wow did we fit a lot in! First stop was for a wander through town for a bit of shopping and lunch- Canterbury has lots of amazing shops and it was super hard not to spend an utter fortune! I did pop into Mac so keep any eye out for an upcoming haul post.

We then popped along to my old University but the new campus- I had a good look around where all the current students study and I felt super proud that I'm a CCCU alumni!

Soon it was time to pop to the hotel before dinner and a rest before some more site seeing the next day.

We spent Sunday morning visiting more of my old haunts including some of the places I lived and the campus I spent all of my three years at. We then decided to go on a boat ride up the river, we had a great captain who told us lots of stories about Canterbury and the history.
We then had to have a cheeky Nando's as we don't have one on the Isle of Wight and before long it was time to get back in the car and drive the 3 hours back to the Island.

Have you ever visited Canterbury? What are your favourite places in the City- let me know in the comments.


Till next time,
                  Tori.
                       X


2 comments :

  1. So many lovely photos. I'm currently studying at CCCU, so it's so nice to see that alumni do go back!! I love the Dane John gardens in the summer and cathedral grounds too

    Emily x | emilyclairewrites.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Canterbury has been on my to-visit list for far too long. These photographs make me want to book a trip ASAP, it looks like a beautiful city!

    ReplyDelete

I always read your messages and reply to everyone!
You can also tweet me steaders83